Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

John Wick 3: Parabellum

 

I have been wanting to see this one for awhile now. I was hoping it would be free at some point and luckily when I was channel surfing I noticed something called Tubi and it had John Wick 3 for free. There were a few commercials but they were well planned, short, and the movie always came back on back a few seconds so you never missed anything. I would definitely watch a free movie on Tubi again.

Back to John Wick, if I haven't mentioned it before I LOVE John Wick. I love the no talk, just shoot or stab or blow up or punch. I get so tired of shows where they swear they are going to kill someone only to NEVER DO IT. They talk their way out, they hide or run, or something else happens and no killing happens. 

The first time I saw John Wick I cheered. Now don't think I am all for actual killing and violence because I am not. I am aware that this is a movie and not real life. It was just nice to see someone stick to their word and not the tropes in most violent movies.

This one seemed a bit more violent/gory, as I seemed to avert my eyes more than normal. And the story was a little "lacking" or something. It did feel a little more like moving from violent stunt to violent stunt but then again that is kind of the point of John Wick. 

I can't wait to check out John Wick 4 when it becomes available.

3 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment