Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

The Mandalorian - Season One

I am in love 

The Child could get whatever it wants from me. Those eyes, the little hands, the ears, the cooing. I am simply in love.

And the show overall is absolutely incredible. Seriously just perfect to me. I love the music, the cinematography, the cast, the visual effects, the droids, the stories, the everything. I don't think there is anything I didn't like. Seriously, this was everything I love in a show. Perfectly put together.

I was completely invested in all the characters and their stories. I laughed, I cried, I yelled, I cheered. We watched the first 4 episodes one night and it made me sad that we had to stop and not watch them all. I was grateful we were able to watch the next 4 the next night. I don't think I could have waited longer. I had to know what else would happen.

I am in awe of Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian in that we never see him but he sells everything about the character. It never bothered me that we didn't see him, in fact it added to my love of the series. 

I love the quietness of the series. I know that might sound odd but it was so easy to watch and easy to hear and follow. It was very much like an old western. I loved so many of the scenes during the episodes - the traditional Star Wars scenes of character outlines against a large scenic back drop. I loved that the music never overpowered the scenes and in most cases it felt like another character. 

Be sure to watch the credits each episode to see the concept art they show. It’s incredible! 

I also got bonus Ming-Na! This is the way.

I am ready to start Season 2!!

4 paws and a tail

No comments:

Post a Comment