Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

The Book of Boba Fett

 Dangrdafne review

I truly love the world of this show and The Mandalorian. They are intrinsically tied together and they use each other well. Jon Favreau knows his way around this world and is a great story teller. He puts so much life into faceless characters and droids and makes you care for each character.

I will say I did not love this show as much as The Mandalorian BUT since I adored The Mandalorian more than I could have imagined, that leaves a lot of love to still be shared with Boba Fett :)

The story telling was verrrrry different and I had trouble sometimes remembering where we were in the time line but I had faith it would all shake out in the end and it certainly did and in retrospect I liked the way the story was told. I think if it were told traditionally it would have been too plain and boring for the story and would have been a disservice to the characters.

And of course, I don't think this is a spoiler and sorry if it is, I extra loved the episodes with The Mandalorian in them. I was grateful that I didn't have to wait for season 3 to see him again.

Ming-Na is incredible as Fennec Shand in this series and is a perfect match for Boba Fett. She is strong and powerful and a great leader. I believe I would still like the Fennec Shand character even without Ming-Na BUT it is definitely enhanced because of her. She just brings such power to her roles and I appreciate how hard she works to be true the characters.

Again the music was incredible. It was a whole other character in the show and I love everything about it. I love that the characters have their music and then how it is used in the episodes to enhance scenes and the story. I am in awe of the creativity and talent required to create the music and add it to each show.

I loved how much we laughed, cheered, yelled and cried, oh yes we cried... so much. I am 100% invested in this world, the characters, the music, the stories, and every aspect of these shows. Making family from non-related characters is my favorite and Boba Fett brings it all!!

I remember being in Star Wars Land in Disney World in Orlando FL in February 2020 for the first (and only) time and falling in love with it. I don't really know why overall but I just loved it. It was immersive and amazing and it played to all my senses. I get that same feeling watching The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett. I am all in and I can't wait to see more.

4 paws and a tail

and an extra 4 paws and a tail for the episodes with The Mandalorian in them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment