Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Monday, January 3, 2022

Firefly Holiday Special (Comic One Shot)

Firefly Holiday Special (One Shot) -- I picked this comic up before Christmas, but I didn't read it until today (1/3/2022). Not sure whether that was my means of extending the holiday season, or just a bit of forgetfulness on my part. More likely it's due to me having quite the backlog of reading. Whatever the case, this one shot was a rather nice treat on a Monday morning. Now, I'm not up on all that has happened in the extended narratives of the Serenity crew in comics, but I knew (or recalled) enough Firefly lore that I could appreciate this Dickensian twist on some of my favorite characters. 

Plus, I love that opening splash page showing the ship decked out in holiday lights. 

Brainwise rates this comic ... Four paws and a tail! 


Details:

Publisher: Boom Studios

Release Date: 12/15/2021

Creative Team:

    • Script: Jeff Jensen (HBO's "Watchmen," "Better Angels: A Kate Warne Adventure").
    • Pencils: Vincenzo Federici ("Go-Go Power Rangers"), Jordi Pérez ("Firefly"), and Fabiana Mascolo ("Firefly: Brand New 'Verse"). 
    • Colors: Francesco Segala, Gloria Martinelli, and Lucia Di Giammarino.
    • Letters: Jim Campbell. 

Sample Pages:

  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment