Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Black Widow - Disney Plus

 Dangrdafne review:

I'll start with that this is my favorite MCU character. I love Black Widow and I love Scarlett Johansson's portrayal of her. And now I love her even more after this movie.

What a great back current story for the character. It was funny, heartwarming, sad, thrilling, violent and a great way to give Black Widow her time in the spotlight to tell her story. We know a lot of her story already but this definitely fills in the details and makes her a more rounded character.

I LOVED Florence Pugh in this movie. She is spectacular and her interactions with Natasha are perfect. I definitely suggest watching this movie BEFORE watching Hawkeye if you can. It isn't critical BUT it will offer some perspective to Hawkeye when you watch it. I do wish a little bit in retrospect that we stopped Hawkeye when we started and switched over to this move :)

I absolutely LOVE stories about families that are not blood families and this movie fits that bill 110% and it makes me love the movie even more.

It is ultra violent at times but that is to be expected for the Black Widow character and story. I don't mind it but sometimes the scenes got a little long and I would have preferred a little more conversation or story if I had to find one thing to pick out.

4 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment