Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Eternals

 Dangrdafne review 

I didn’t hate it. I didn’t love it. In the end I was grateful for the famous actors in the movie as that helped keep me interested as I enjoyed watching them portray their characters. 

I liked the overall themes of the movie and found it interesting in how it fits into the MCU. 
 
I am enjoying seeing the reactions of my various friends online as they watch this movie. It definitely is not getting much love at all. I am not surprised. My first reaction was to the length of the movie before it even started :) And then during it too. There is so much extra that they could have left on the cutting room floor and the movie would have flowed much better. I even liked one friend's suggestion that this should have been a series instead of a movie and I 100% agree. Just too much in all ways. 
 
Gemma Chan is excellent as Sersi as is Laren Ridloff as Makkari. Ma Dong-seok had my heart though as Gilgamesh as did Harish Patel as Karun. I was too distracted by Ikaris looking like The Winter Soldier and then looking also like Dane in the movie :) Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek definitely can now cross "superheros" of their to do lists and they were very good in their roles.

If you are an MCU completist, as I am, you should watch Eternals. If you are just looking for something to watch tonight, I would pick something else :)
 
2 paws




No comments:

Post a Comment