Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday 80s Flashback for September 25, 2020

 


[Forever Furs] -- 38 years ago today, the Psychedelic Furs' third studio album, Forever Now, hit the stands. This was a seminal release for the band for three reasons. First, it included the hit single "Love My Way." Second, the band trimmed their personnel from six to four. Third, this marked the first time Todd Rundgren worked with the band, both as producer and guest musician. The album would reach #20 on the UK album charts, and then peak at #61 in the US. It didn't exactly garner glowing reviews from critics, but it has long been popular with fans. I mean, I love it. I love it so much that I'm featuring the entire 10-song track list rather focusing on a handful of tracks. Enjoy! 


FlashbackSwallow all your tears my love | And put on your new face | You can never win or lose | If you don't run the race (from "Love My Way").




I hope you enjoyed that album. Dedicated 80s-philes can find more flashbacks in the Prophet or Madman archives or via Bookended's 80s Flashback tag. As always, your comments are welcome on today's, or any other, flashback post. And if you like what I'm doing here, please share the link with your friends. If, however, you don't like the flashback, feel free to share it with your enemies.

I'll see you in seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment