Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Captain Marvel movie

Dangrdafne review

We went to see Captain Marvel at 9:30 am the same day we went to see Avengers: Endgame. It was the only Marvel movie we hadn’t seen yet and we definitely didn’t want to see Endgame without seeing it. So us and about 10 other people watched the awesomeness that is Captain Marvel.



I really liked this movie. It was funny, heartwarming, action filled, good story telling, and a great movie for girls/women to cheer for. And cheer I did.

I loved that Carol Danvers never spoke to the males who put her down or even discussed it. In fact, the male treatment of women was never really discussed in the movie. Carol just showed how she was equal, or even better. I appreciated that so much.

I especially loved Goose but if you look at our blog, you could guess that. Goose was adorable and sooo important to the story. I adored Nick Fury’s interaction with Goose and was pretty sure Goose was the cause of the eye issue for Nick.

I loved Maria and her daughter Monica and I am hopeful they were continue in the Marvel universe. I loved seeing Coulson starting out and how he worked with Fury. I just really liked this movie.

My only complaint is that the movie was too dark to see the action scenes most of the time. In fact, I even missed what happened in one of the scenes. I know that Game of Thrones people said it was the settings on the TVs when the same complaint was made about a recent episode of GoT so what would cause this in a movie theater?? I look forward to seeing this movie again on my TV and hopeful I will be able to see what I missed - as long as my setting are correct ;)

I give this movie 4 paws and I am soooo happy we saw it before Endgame. It was definitely an added bonus to seeing Endgame and my feelings throughout that movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment