Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Monday, May 20, 2019

Avengers: Endgame

Dangrdafne review

Spoilers obviously

I’m so glad we went opening weekend because not knowing anything that was going to happen made the movie all the better for me.


I LOVED this movie! I don’t care about plot holes, fat shaming, pandering to women, none of it! This movie was perfection!! It was a perfect ending.

Please remember I have no connection to any of the comics for any of these heroes or storylines. I just love the characters and the stories they tell in these movies.

I loved that I got lost in the movie, I was immersed and I didn’t want to leave but at the same time I was good with everything that happened that was I was actually able to leave. And like always we stayed to the very end and I am so glad we did. Although there was no end credit to watch there definitely was one to hear. It was a lovely call back to the beginning OR was it a call to the next chapter?

There were lots of tears from me but the most were for “on your left”. I could not control it. This has been my favorite interaction in ALL of the movies. The friendship between Falcon and Cap is my favorite and this statement they use between themselves just makes me happy. I knew I knew the voice and then he said the line and I just lost it.

I should have had the most tears for Black Widow but I am ok with what happened. Black Widow is my favorite character and Scarlett Johansson portraying her is also my favorite. I cosplay as undercover Black Widow a lot and to watch her die was pretty powerful but in a good way (?). I get why she did what she did and I think it is the way it had to happen. It is a proper end to her character in these movies.


Then to lose Iron Man too! I was ok with that too. Doesn’t mean I didn’t cry but it was handled so well and again it just seemed to be what needed to happen.

I love the hope for the future of these movies. Falcon as Captain America being my favorite. I feel like I could keep going on and on but really just see it and you will understand. I can’t wait to see it again. I am sure I missed lots of little things and some things while I had tears in my eyes. I thank everyone involved in these movies. It has been quite the ride.

Four paws and tail for this one. I love this movie 3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment