Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

She Hulk: Attorney at Law Season 1

 Dangrdafne review:

I have never read anything with She Hulk and I don't know anything about her. I do love Tatiana Maslany though and she is perfect in this role. She perfectly portrays both Jennifer Walters and She Hulk. I am also a fan of Ginger Gonzaga from her other roles and I think she is wonderful as Nikki Ramos. And of course Mark Ruffalo is wonderful.

I did have to ask some questions of Brainwise while we watched and he added lots of back story and context that helped me with the series. He even pointed out some really, really good "Easter eggs" that weren't so hidden but I didn't catch them but appreciated them once I was made aware. Some I missed due to lack of knowledge and some I missed due to lack of memory from the other series that tie into this one. The length of time between the series and the other stories it was pulling from for the Easter Eggs was waaaay too long for my memory but when I was reminded of the connection, I was impressed and jealous of those who got to enjoy it in real time :)

The music in each episode is perfectly picked and always adds to the story. I will be on the lookout for a soundtrack.

I definitely had a hard time watching the horrific treatment of the woman characters in the show but that is the point. It just makes me so sad and that did hinder me being able to fully engage with the show and to fully enjoy it. And then reading some of the social media posts about the show made me even sadder and sick to my stomach. It is quite amazing how many males hate females or anyone that isn't male.

3 paws



No comments:

Post a Comment