Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Black Adam

 Dangrdafne review

Didn’t hate it. Didn’t love it. 

The Rock was certainly perfect for the role. I loved the kid, Bodhi Sabongui, he was the most realistic member of the movie with Sarah Shahi coming in next. They were a good team.

Pierce Brosnan was excellent and I was grateful for his part as he was a very grounding piece of the film. Aldis Hodge was great as Hawkman but I wasn’t crazy about how he was written. I was excited for Noah Centineo and Quintessa Swindell to be in this but they were not utilized nearly enough.

The film was beautiful to watch and I really liked some of the scenes but for the visuals and not for the story. I would say though, that if they added in all that should have been in the movie to make it better, it would have made it 5 hours long and 2 hours was long enough (maybe even too long).

If you like action or you love The Rock, then I say definitely watch this movie. If you want story, then I would advise you to watch something else. I doubt I will watch this again, except perhaps the last bit of the movie since I was falling asleep waiting for the new year.

2 paws 

No comments:

Post a Comment