Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

The Flight Attendant - HBO Max

 Dangrdafne review:

Holy Moly!!

What a show!!!

I never read the book this series is based on but if it is even half as good as this show, then it is incredible!

Kaley Cuoco as Cassie is absolutely mezmerizing in this role. So unexpected to me and so incredibly amazing. She had to hit all emotions and play a role I never thought I could see her in but I am so glad I did. I almost passed this up when I saw the first ads for it. But one day while on the treadmill I thought, why not? I can always turn it off if I don't like it. 8 episodes later... no I didn't walk for 8 hours but I was tempted... I was so happy I started this series.

I loved that I only figured out one thing in the mystery thriller and I loved more how they twisted and turned and tricked me all along the way. It is cleverly written, filmed and told to the viewer.

One of my favorite actors is in this show too, Michelle Gomez and she is now added to my list of people I would love to meet and talk to or at least thank for the joy she has brought me through her roles she has played. She is perfect but once again.

Rosie Perez, boy do I love her too. She plays her role with such vulnerability and at times it seemed like a quiet and small role but it is not and she doesn't let it be either. I know the series is coming back for a second season and I hope she is part of it. I need more of her on my screen and I really need to know what happens with her character, if they should decide to show us.

Zosia Mamet as Annie was spectacular. She went through the wringer as Cassie’s best friend. Her role is critical to the story and she played it perfectly. I must see what else she has been in. 

I am most grateful that the show is focused on women and all the power they hold in various ways. I was uncomfortable with all the alcohol use but it was imperative to the story. This truly was a great mystery thriller and everyone was perfect for the roles they played. 

4 paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment