Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Titans - Season 3 HBO Max

 Dangrdafne review

My goodness I love this show. My first love is Ted Lasso but I’m pretty sure this is my second. And it couldn’t be more opposite. Or is it?

Yes Titans is incredibly violent and dark and angsty but at the heart of it is my favorite theme, making a family out of a rag tag bunch of folks. 

There was not one moment of this season that had me complaining or bored or irritated. I loved every second. 

I am especially enamored with Barbara Gordon, portrayed by Savannah Welch. Not only is she incredible in the role but she is truly from the disability community and what she brings to this role is the heart and soul of everything. She is simply marvelous. Every person should view her fight scene in the Lady Vic episode. It is incredible! She is incredible!

There are some new family members too and it was fun to watch Brainwise realize who they were and how they were being introduced to this version of Titans. I loved all the new characters and how they were woven into the story. I can't wait to see where we go in Season 4!

Remember I have no history with Titans or any baggage either. I do have knowledge from watching Gotham, Teen Titans, and other Batman movies/shows and it does enhance watching Titans and definitely never detracts for me. This season leaned a lot on Gotham history it seemed and definitely tied to the show many times. The biggest was one of the rooms shown in Wayne Manor, I would swear it was the identical room from the Gotham series. 

I hope you have watched the previous seasons and if you haven't, get to it! You can't watch this one without the other 2 and why would you want too :)

I will close with a memory I had while watching Brenton Thwaites this season and that was when he came on the screen in the first episode and I didn't know who he was going to portray, I turned to Brainwise and said "He's Dick Grayson isn't he?" I was 100% right and he is 100% the perfect Dick Grayson. He looks like him, he acts like him, he is him. I absolutely adore Brenton's portrayal and I am so glad the casting team found him and hired him. Honestly, I am grateful for each actor in this series, they are all amazing and perfectly matched to their characters.

4 paws


No comments:

Post a Comment