Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Doom Patrol Season 3 - HBO Max

 Dangrdafne review:

Well this was quite the long con (for lack of a better term). 

But worth it for the pay off at the end.

I loved the three characters who show up in Dead Patrol. I hear there could be a spin off for them and I’m in if it is the same actors. I know absolutely nothing about these characters but Brainwise does and when I said the actors seemed perfectly fit to the roles he agreed.  

Michelle Gomez was beyond perfection in her role this season. I adore her as is but I think I love her even more now. She is simply amazing in her roles and this one is no exception. Good, bad, both, don’t know… maybe it doesn’t matter. Watching her is worth every second of this season. 

I was worried when a few sections seemed very disjointed and not tied to the season but it paid off. Patience was definitely a virtue this season.  Especially during the Undead Patrol. Definitely not my favorite episode but needed to fill in the season long story. 

I loved how the season all intersected and each piece was needed to tell the story. At the end, I could see how thought provoking it all was and I was quite moved by each character and their growth. One thing I always look for in a show is the growth of the characters. It doesn't have to be huge or major but anything that moves the character forward works for me and keeps me interested. The best thing I can say now is... when does Season 4 air??!!

Before the last two episodes I had 3 paws for the season but after watching the final 2 episodes and seeing the full completed puzzle I now rate season 3 of Doom Patrol...

4 paws 

and

4 paws and a tail for Michelle Gomez 

No comments:

Post a Comment