Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Zach Snyder's Justice League

 Dangrdafne review:

I am not sure where to start with this movie. I wanted to love it. I wanted to like it. I think I tolerated it in the end. Here are the notes I took when I started the movie:

Note 1:

This is not what he (Zack Snyder) would have done from the start. He did this now because he could. Waaaaay too dramatic and drawn out and I’m only 18 minutes in. I didn’t even know what was happening in the beginning. I’m so confused.

Note 2:

The only good thing so far is Steppenwolf does look Much Better. Annoyed at the overly dramatic themes.

Note 3:

Desaad??? Darth Vader or Doctor Doom or a mix? Totally Dr Doom.

Note 4:

The Flash first scene takes waaaaay too long. Not fast enough at all. Ridiculous music.

Note 5:

Here we forget Martha and it’s all about dads.
Flash = dad in prison
Cyborg = dad issues
Batman = dad issues
Aqua man = human dad
Wonder Woman = no dad

Then something changed in the pacing or the story but I noticed that I stopped taking notes, so I must have gotten back into the movie somehow and stopped complaining and just watched. And I did that all the way through the first part of the epilogue, which was really well done but then Zach had to keep going ... why?....and I was right back to the feelings from the beginning of the movie. So annoyed.

There were changes I liked in the movie and obviously some that I did not like. Was this movie needed? Yes for Cyborg, and no for everything else.  

I am torn with wanting to watch it again to try and not be annoyed, so perhaps I need to watch it with Brainwise so I can hear his take on the movie, and not caring to watch it ever again. 

2 paws - Cyborg helped this not be 1 paw

No comments:

Post a Comment