Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Ted Lasso - Apple TV

 Dangrdafne review:

This is the show that I love... even more than Titans.

I had absolutely no idea what this show was or really that it even existed. Then one day, I saw people talking about it online and there was not a bad word to be said about the show. In fact, everyone was saying how it was their favorite show now and a show that we need right now. 

So one night when I was doing my walk on my treadmill, I put on the first episode.

I am in love. I even came upstairs and said to my hubby, I may have a new favorite show of all time. ALL time. And only after one 30 minute episode. 

I kid you not. This show is incredible. Now after three episodes I am completely in love, lost in it and the biggest fan. “Because Nice Matters” is my motto and I could add because of Ted Lasso. What a happy, kind, allows me to take deep breaths show. It feels so good to watch this show. Simply put it makes my heart happy.

I am literally only 3 episodes in and I can not sing its praises enough and I know it will just keep getting better and better. Jason Sudekis is a joy, so is Brendan Hunt. Hannah Waddingham and Juno Temple make me proud to be a woman. The show is an American football coach being hired to come to the UK to take over managing a soccer team. A true fish out of water story but really I can't decide who is really the fish.

Nick Mohammed as Nate, Nate the Great, makes me smile every time he is on the screen. He is integral to the show and I can't imagine the show without him. The soccer players all play their perfect parts and I just look forward to where the story goes for each of them. 

The show really reminds me of how I felt when I watched Schitt's Creek. Like we were being treated to the mastery of joyful stories and superb storytelling. I would love to know Ted Lasso in real life and just bask in his joy and kindness. He just sees the world better than 99% of us but he can help you see it his way, if you just listen and join in.

Now after 7 episodes: I have laughed, I mean deep full belly laughing, I’ve sobbed, I’ve been shocked and I have just sighed and smiled. This show is glorious. 

Please, please if you have a chance to see this show, treat yourself and your heart to the joy.

4 paws and a tail and a whole second cat with 4 paws and a tail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment