Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Dead to Me - Season 2 - Netflix

Dangrdafne review - NO spoilers are here

Dead to Me season 1 and 2 are over the top. Waaaay over the top and I love it. Both seasons are amazing and I love that each season is 10 episodes at 30 minutes an episode. It isn’t long and drawn out, well I guess the overall story is but it is so good and you just want to know what happens. So sit back and enjoy the crazy. Let yourself be fooled. Yell at the characters and pray none of this ever happens to you.


Christina Applegate (Jen) and Linda Cardellini (Judy) are incredible actresses. The emotions and mental anguish they both have to go through on this show are out of this world. For instance, episode 9 of season 2 had me sobbing on my treadmill as I was walking while watching the show. Judy has a breakdown and I couldn’t contain myself. I felt all her emotions pouring out of her. I worry what Linda Cardellini was actually thinking about that allowed her this cathartic moment. It was raw and real and just amazing to witness.

The best part of the show is the mystery and the twist and turns, many you don’t even know exist until they are happening. I love being fooled and surprised. I hate ruining things for myself by figuring it all out. I either can’t in this show or choose not to. Sometimes it feels like every piece of the episode is a cliffhanger and again I love it.

Actually maybe the best part of the show is the female power. The friendship between Jen and Judy is unlike most that I see on TV. And most of the other people around them are all women too. Oh, and the music is perfection. The songs mean just as much as the script and the cinematography. I will have to see if there is a soundtrack available.

The supporting cast is also just incredible. Jen’s children pay a main role in everything and the actors hold up their end without question. There are no small roles here, trust me, even if you think they are... they are not ;)

If you have never watched this show before, you can not start at Season 2. You MUST watch season 1 to understand anything and to fully enjoy it all. Unless you just want to watch master classes on acting, then just jump right in anywhere but again it all starts in Season 1. I truly can’t believe how much I love this show. The foul language is horrible and overbearing and usually I would shy away from it all but somehow it works and fits and I just let it go.

 I am terrified to see what will happen in Season 3 as the ending to 2 was cataclysmic and I definitely did NOT see it coming. This is easy to binge and I highly recommend it.

4 paws

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. This is a fantastic show for all the reasons you mentioned! :)

    ReplyDelete