Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Host - movie

Dangrdafne review

Yes, I am very late to watching this movie... but for me, it was worth the wait.


I really loved this movie. It probably is not the norm but what can I say, I’m an odd duck.

First I love Saoirse Ronan, so I was happy from the get go. Since she is the main character of the movie, I knew I would see her in almost every scene and I happily did. I loved her divided mind and felt she played the two roles very well.

Second at the heart of the movie it was all about family. I love stories about family: fighting for it, creating it, learning to live with others and all the love that comes from family.

I also liked the trope of a good alien and having to win people over. Humans are complex and crazy creatures and this movie showed that in all its glory. I loved watching Wanda learn that and figure out how that works for her. I also loved that it was the woman who were fighting for the human race. Not that it is surprising but I felt stronger for having watched them fight for us.

And of course there was a love story but not the one you think. In case, you haven’t seen it I will leave it for you to learn. It was good to see a bad guy learn to be good and learn to love and how different life can be if you open your mind and learn to trust and love.

I’m glad there is a happy ending because I really wasn’t sure what would happen but I can’t get over the fact that basically the movie boiled down to my mantra of “Because Nice Matters.” If we can all just get along... then we can all just get along.

4 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment