Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday 80s Flashback for July 15, 2016



[Da Da Da] -- I wasn't certain what I wanted for the Flashback this week until midway through the week itself. For some reason, "Da Da Da" by the German band, Trio, got stuck in my head. Now, Trio formed in Großenkneten in 1980, and released their first self-titled album in 1981. "Da Da Da ich lieb dich nicht du liebst mich nicht aha aha aha" -- usually better known by its shorter name, "Da Da Da." That song wasn't heard in the US until it was re-released on the band's second album, Trio & Error (1982). I didn't hear "Da Da Da" until about 1986 or 1987. And when I first heard it, I was under the impression that Trio was a man, a woman, and a Casio keyboard. But ... nope. The band was three dudes named Stephan Remmler, Gert Krawinkel, and Peter Behrens. They recorded four albums together, and released about 10 singles, but they're pretty much known only for "Da Da Da." It was a hit in over 30 countries, and resurfaced in the 1990s for a Volkswagen commercial. See the original "Da Da Da" video and hear more Trio tracks after the jump. If you're only familiar with their bit hit, you might be surprised to hear their more rocking side.

Flashback #1"Ich lieb' dich nicht du liebst mich nicht."




Flashback #2"May sound funny | but I don't believe she's comin' aha."




Flashback #3"Bum bum - und mein Herz klopft bum bum."

(You can also hear the English version, "Boom Boom")




Once again, I remind you that the rule of three applies when doing Flashbacks. As I've made my three offerings, that's all till next week. Dedicated 80s-philes can find more flashbacks in the archives. As always, your comments are welcome on today's, or any other, flashback post. And if you like what I'm doing here, please share the link with your friends. If, however, you don't like the flashback, feel free to share it with your enemies.

And if you are on Twitter, and feel so inclined, please +K my influence in Music on @klout.

I'll see you in seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment