Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

DC League of Super-Pets

 

You can find this on HBO Max....errrr Max... hmmmm sounds like a dog's name... that's appropriate :)

Anyway, we dove into this animated movie recently. I was excited for it and while it was good, I wasn't as blown away as I hoped to be. I did love that Krypto was voiced by Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" and Ace was voiced by Kevin Hart. This match up was perfect for their characters and they both were perfect in the roles.

I loved the created family aspect of this movie of course and the fact that it was animals becoming the family made me even happier. Overall though it was lacking something or maybe it had too much of nothing. 

I am interested to know if kids liked this one. I wonder if they got some of the actual comic book references or if it was all over their heads. I am not sure if this movie is for kids or adults or just comic book readers or maybe that's the problem, they didn't know who to make the movie for in the end. Well that makes it sound terrible and it wasn't that but simply put I doubt I would watch it again.

2 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment