Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Short Take: Green Valley #1

The unassuming cover image for Green Valley #1

Green Valley #1 (Image Comics) came out on 10/5/2016. I purchased a copy that day, but didn't read it until this weekend. And all I can say about it is that I had no idea I needed this series, but I do.

And maybe you do, too.

I mean, check out this page:

The beautiful interior art of Green Valley #1

Max Landis (@Uptomyknees) is the writer of Green Valley. The art team consists of Giuseppe Camuncoli, Cliff Rathburn, Jean Francois-Beaulieu, and Pat Brosseau. Together, they are crafting the story of the fabled knights of Kelodia and their battle against a barbarian horde. Or, at least, that's where the story starts. The last few pages take something of turn, and now I'm hooked to see what happens next. Landis, in a letter at the end of this issue, promises that we "have no idea what’s coming" next. Let's see if the Green Valley gang can deliver. I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment