Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

The Umbrella Academy- Seasons 1, 2 and 3



Another series that I absolutely LOVE!! 

And again a comic book series I know nothing about at all and it didn't hinder me from loving this 1000%!

I adored the cast, the story, the MUSIC, the special effects, the everything!  

Brainwise filled me with the limited information he had but many times if we had just waited a little longer, the story told me what I was wondering about. 

I am in awe of Aidan Gallagher who plays Five. His range was incredible. He had to do so much and it seemed to come so easily to him. I am very curious what he did to learn how to play old so well. Completely in awe of him.

Elliot Page as Vanya/Viktor was incredible. I love that his real life story was told through this series. So moving and an integral part of the story. The violin music used during the first season was so touching and moving. I saw that the episode titled The White Violin was up for quite a few awards and I can see (and hear) why.

Pogo! Oh my goodness Pogo. Whoever was responsible for his creation for the TV screen, they deserve all the awards and all the money. I wanted to hug Pogo so much. He was just incredible and at no time could I tell that he wasn't real. Simply incredible.

Justin H. Min as Ben broke my heart and Robert Sheehan as Klaus was perfection. Klaus was outrageous and I love him. David Castaneda as Diego and Ritu Arya as Lila were a lesson in love and conquering all things. Jordan Claire Robbins as Grace had an incredible arc and was integral to so many parts of the story. 

Tom Hopper as Luther and Emmy Raver-Lampman as Allison were the most "normal" of all the cast and I would love to be their friends. Lastly, Colm Feore as Reginald Hargreeves was certainly the man you loved to hate and hated to love. Colm portrayed Reginald to perfection and everytime I see Colm's real life photo I can not believe he was Reginald - incredible acting, makeup and getting lost in a role.

I could go on and on about all the characters and actors who portrayed them from the three season, so let's just say there were no weak links and I think everyone was perfectly cast and brought their A games to their characters and the story.

I loved how all the episodes weaved in and out of each other, with everything having meaning and purpose. The music was perfection! Even the choice of covers over originals at times made all the difference in how the song hit and/or fit in a scene. Brainwise already said he wants to create a CD of all the music in order from the three seasons.

I am happy there is a 4th season coming because I am not ready to say goodbye to my new friends but I am also extremely satisfied with how the story went, was told and "ended"(?).

4 paws and a tail of 7 cats ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment