Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Stargirl - Final season

 Dangrdafne review:

While this is not my favorite show that we watch, I am grateful for a teen female lead on a broadcast TV show. In addition, all the teen characters that are on this show as leads are excellent. 

We did take a little too long to catch up with this show as I had a hard time remembering what happened last season. I caught on as we went along but I could have done with a possible small re-watch of the last season. You definitely can not just watch this season and be ok, you need to watch it all as it is a long con and you need all the information they offer to enjoy it and follow along.

Brec Bassinger is excellent as Star Girl and I love her story line with Pat and her Mom. It is a good tale on step-parenting and the power of family. In addition to the family by marriage, I adore the family by choice through friendship. At times it was a little tiring to watch the teen angst but I guess that means it was done well ;)

The first half of this last season was slow and a bit too meandering but the second half drew me in more and the story had a pretty good payoff to end the series. I will miss this strong female and this incredible family both marriage and friend. The final finale offers that there may be more story to tell and I guess then that time will tell.

2 paws first half

3 paws second half

4 paws for female teens to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment