Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Ghosts - CBS

 Dangrdafne review 


I watched for Rebecca Wisocky, I stayed for it all. What an incredible show. It’s a comedy but my oh my I cried a lot at this comedy. It is so moving and thoughtful. So many issues are part of the show and it feels like therapy at times, very good therapy. 

I love that I only questioned the reality of what was happening twice because otherwise it just didn’t matter why the ghosts could pass through doors but could sit on chairs and lie on beds. It’s not the point at all. The ghosts do what’s needed to move the story forward and it doesn’t matter if it fits the “rules” of ghosts. 

I still can’t believe the main actress, Rose McIver, was I-Zombie, she is so different here and I love it. Utkarch Ambudkar, plays her husband Jay and I love how he just accepts the Ghosts. I am glad he goes along for the ride and I definitely love how he supports his wife.
 
Rebecca Wisocky is one of my favorite actresses and she does not disappoint here at all. She is perfection as Hetty. She is hilarious and I LOVE how she is becoming a feminist but still holds onto her "old" ways. I love watching her learn the ways of the modern world and how it impacts her ideals. Rebecca is hilarious and moving all at the same time. I just adore her and Hetty.
 
And don't get me wrong all the other Ghosts are wonderful too but my heart belongs to Hetty. I adore the story line of Isaac (Brandon Scott Jones) and Nigel (John Hartman). The two actors portray their "relationship" with tenderness and respect for the issue they are conveying. You can't help but root for them and I will admit I cried during the twist that was revealed late in the series. I'm grateful they were unneeded tears. 

I am also completely enamored with Sasappis (Roman Zaragoza). His voice, his calm, his outlook, he brings a much needed balance to the craziness of the Ghosts. The actor is a perfect fit for this role and he always makes me smile, of course until I cried all during the episode of his life and becoming a Ghost.

If I had to live in this house I would hope I could befriend these Ghosts and that they would become my family. I love how they all learn and work together for themselves and for the non-Ghosts around them. It is a funny, moving and joyous show. I highly recommend it.

4 paws for the whole show
4 paws and a tail for Rebecca Wisocky as Hetty

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! One of the best shows on network TV! Or any TV!

    ReplyDelete