Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Disney +

Dangrdafne review:


Stunningly beautiful and gorgeously choreographed. Perfect music, well written, great casting and acting. This movie stands on its own without an issue BUT if you have watched the full Marvel Universe prior to seeing this movie, there are so many pieces that make the movie even better!

The character of Shang-Chi is perfectly cast and Simu Liu is incredible in the role. Awkwafina is definitely the comedic relief but she is integral to the story and I adore her in this role. I think everyone else is exactly perfect even if the casting of the sister kind of gave away the ending to me but not in the ways you would think. Sorry, no spoilers here :)

Ironically I was spoiled about something when the movie first came out but completely forgot about it until we watched the movie and I was surprised, LOL. 

I loved that I felt like I was watching all the Oriental art I have seen in my life come to life on the screen in the front of me. I was completely enthralled watching this movie. Such amazing eye candy. The choreography was perfection and the music matched every scene perfectly. I can't wait to watch this again to see things I am sure I missed the first time.

I loved all the tie ins to the MCU and appreciated how it all worked. We even wondered which part of the story came first in regards to how this story fits into the rest of the MCU. 

4 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment