Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Wonder Woman 1984

 Dangrdafne review:

First viewing - I did not like the movie. Although I think some of it was because we didn't have closed captioning on and I missed a lot of dialogue thereby missing some of the movie context.

I did feel the first viewing was a little lacking and the movie was a bit over the top. But we watched it a second time during the watch along with Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot WITH closed captioning and I liked the move much much more. It hit me differently too. I bought into the meaning and was very moved by it.

My biggest statement, though, I had during the two watches of the movie was "Why does a woman have to always give up everything?" 

SPOILER: 


Even the villain man got his son back at the end. But Diana/Wonder Woman has to give up everything she has.


End spoiler

The movie is definitely eye candy and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman will always make me happy. I had no issue with the Steve Trevor storyline overall and I liked how they made it work. Kristen Wiig as Cheetah was quite the casting choice and she blew me away. I always think that comedians make the best dramatic actors. 

Be sure to stick around for the credit scene. It is brilliant perfection. 

I definitely liked the first Wonder Woman better but I would watch this again (third times a charm) and probably will before our month of HBO Max is over - we signed up just to see Wonder Woman 1984.

3 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment