Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Undoing - HBO Max

Dangrdafne review:

WOW! WOW! WOW!

My mother actually stated this show as a 10 out of 10 for her and along with the story in Entertainment Weekly, and the cast of this show, I knew I wanted to watch it.

It is only 6 hour long episodes and oh my goodness the amount of story that happens in those 6 hours is a massive undertaking and one that David E Kelley can more than handle.

An incredible story told by the most wonderful cast: Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, Noah Jupe, Donald Sutherland, and Lily Rabe and a supporting cast of people I hope to see for a long time to come.

It's a mystery wrapped in a courtroom drama wrapped in a family drama. Sooooooo very good.

I can tell you nothing specific because you need to watch it for yourself and enjoy the ride. It is beautifully filmed and the costuming is luscious. Nicole Kidman is a force to watch and I believe there is nothing she can't do at this point. Hugh Grant had me needing to watch Notting Hill after the show so I could clear my brain of his character. Donald Sutherland was pure, intense, heartbreaking, demanding and one of the best roles I have seen him create. But the actor who stole the show for me was the young boy, Noah Jupe. Oh what a joy to watch this young man portray his character. The emotions he had to go through, it was impressive.

Bonus information: the singer of the opening credits song is none other than Nicole Kidman. Simply beautiful.

4 paws and a tail

No comments:

Post a Comment