Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Dangrdafne Review - first “season” only

While I was away on vacation I had some free time. I had heard so many good things about this show that I decided to check out and hey it was Halloween week.

I was a little nervous because I do not like really scary or gory things. Luckily, this was just right. It reminds of Goosebumps for kids. Lots of suspense and some scare and “gore” but nothing I couldn’t handle.

I really liked the show. Kieran Shipka is excellent as Sabrina but sometimes I can’t stop seeing and hearing Hermione from Harry Potter (although to me, that isn’t too bad of a thing).

I love the chemistry between Sabrina and Harvey and appreciate the more open relationship when it comes to feelings and thoughts for teenagers, refreshing overall.

The friendship between the 4 teens is also a highlight for me. It is nice to see kids getting along and fighting for each other and seeing the bullies get their due.

My most favorite part of the show... Michelle Gomez as Ms. Wardwell. She is incredible. Terrifying, wonderful, hilarious, just perfect.

I am looking forward to “season” two but not sure when I will get a chance to see it. I recommend this show and even if you are prone to scare or gore, I think you will be ok. I think it is worth it for the great story and actors.

3 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment