Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Dune - 2021 movie

 

So I know absolutely nothing about Dune except it is about a desert. Yup, that's all, that's it. But when Brainwise stated I wasn't interested in watching the 2021 movie, I stopped him and said I was actually interested. A friend of mine thought I would like it, so we watched it. All 2 hours and 30+ minutes of it. Here are some of my reviews:

1) The music is OUTSTANDING!!!

2) The visuals are UNBELIEVABLE!!!

3) The cast is INCREDIBLE!!!

4) The story ... wellll ... I am not really sure...

I must say I am definitely looking forward to Part 2, so hopefully I can come back to this post and talk about #4 :)

I thought Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Ferguson were perfect in their roles. There are so many recognizable faces in this movie it was almost a distraction but everyone played their parts perfectly. 

Hans Zimmer was brilliant with his music. It was a whole other character in the movie. 

I say definitely check it out and then read the trivia on IMDB after you watch it to see all the crazy tidbits there are about the movie and the cast. 

3 paws     But only because I need the rest of the story 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment