Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Twig - Skottie Young - comic book

 Dangrdafne review

Yes, I did indeed buy my very own comic book during Free Comic Book Day.

Yes, I did indeed READ my very own comic book that I purchased during Free Comic Book Day.

I had seen lots of photos and posts about this comic book and I was intrigued and of course the art is adorable. That seems to be a prerequisite for me to want a comic book. See also: HeroBear, MouseGuard, etc. :)

So, not only is the art beautiful and adorable, but the story is quite the fantasy adventure. It is only book 1 of 5 but I definitely would like to read the rest after reading just this one. I am very curious what Twig and Splat are doing and what will happen in their adventure. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to draw people into a story with just one piece of the story, but they did it easily with this one.

I decided on the Peach Momoko cover (Cover C) as I know that name from other books and usually like their art. There were 2 other options available at New Wave Comics, but I couldn't stop looking at Peach's cover, so into the pile of purchases it went.

It is rated T for Teen and I would agree, although the first book only has 1 item that might be in question for kids younger than Teen, and it was more than fine for a 52 year old adult ;) 

It looks like the next four books will be released over the next four months, so there is some time to wait until I can continue the story. I kind of wish I just had all of it at once, but it will be nice to savor to story and art each month. Although, honestly, I hope I remember each book before the next. I guess I would just reread it if not, LOL.

Book 1 = 4 paws for art and story

No comments:

Post a Comment