Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Hawkeye - Disney Plus

 Dangrdafne review:

Loved it!

A little "stupid" at times bro but oh my did I laugh, cry and enjoy. This is a really good show overall! A great installment in the MCU and I love how it looks back, sideways and forward. It filled in a lot of information for me.

Hailee Steinfeld and Jeremy Renner play off each other so well. Their timing and chemistry are excellent and I love their history and how they come together for the story. The one trailer I saw showed some of the chemistry and comedy and the show was even more that I could have hoped for between them. Vera Farmiga deserves mention too, she is excellent as Eleanor Bishop, Kate's Mom, she is an unknown in the story and she plays it perfectly.

Could you enjoy this show without having seen the rest of the Marvel installments? Maybe? The interaction between Kate and Clint is hilarious and clever so that could be enjoyed but you would really miss out on all the little things that make the show special, I think. Knowing the backstories adds more meat to it all and knowing the characters already helps you understand a lot of what is happening and why. 

There were quite a few things I didn't catch because I didn't read the comic series this is based on and after having Brainwise tell me some of the info, it did add to my enjoyment and "understanding" of the series but I was also just fine without the detail. 

Some of my favorite extras were the LARPers (Live Action Role Playing) and the dog. LARPing can get a bad rap but the use of it in the series is perfect and adds so much to the story. The dog was adorable and a special piece of the story. I also appreciated the hearing issues that came into play in the story (no spoilers here).

The filming is great too. The scene in the car during the car chase is like nothing I have seen before. I was entranced and would love to see a "making of" episode for it.

This is a definite good watch for Christmas too as it is set in the days leading up to Christmas. The music is perfect and NYC is a beautiful place to be for Christmas.

4 paws

No comments:

Post a Comment