Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The Last Jedi

Dangrdafne review


We finally got around to watching The Last Jedi.

I did not like the first half of the movie. It was hokey, long and disjointed. I felt like Mark Hamill was almost making fun of himself and it was distracting.

But once the second half started I was in it. I was completely engulfed in the story and wanting to know what was going to happen.

Simply put for me and this set of Star Wars movies is...I love Rey. I love Daisy Ridley as Rey. I love this character sooo much. I think Daisy portrays her perfectly and I could just watch a movie with just her and none of the others... well maybe BB8 ;)

I didn’t get the whole Emo Kylo Ren since I pretty much felt like he was just as he was previously. I was excited when Rey and he were working together and I wish he had changed but alas no. I LOVED him taking out Snoke and I did like the trickery with Laura Dern’s character and you thought she was one way but she wasn’t.

I did also love the comedy of the “nuns” on the island and I think the Porgs are adorable.

I want to watch this again already because I am pretty sure I missed some things but overall I give this 1 paw for the first half and 3 paws for the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment