Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Spirited

 Dangrdafne review: 


When I first saw a teaser for this, I thought it looked interesting. But I admit, I was not sure I was going to like the humor. Then I saw some friends who raved about it and again their humor is not the same as mine for liking things. So I was pretty sure I wouldn't watch it but here it was Christmas Day and I thought we should check it out.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I am soooooo glad I didn't listen to myself. This movie was incredible! 

It is another take on A Christmas Carol but "modern" and filled with incredible music and dancing. Simply put, this will be added to our annual list of movies to watch. My feet are still tapping 24 hours later. This movie really sticks with you but in the best ways.

While there were still some cringing moments of humor, it just wasn't enough to warrant me to not like the movie and to not highly recommend it. 

The cast was absolutely incredible: Octavia Spencer was splendid, Ryan Reynolds was perfect and Will Ferrell was fantastic. All supporting cast were wonderful and the singers and dancers were spectacular. There were so many references to other movies and the songs and script was so clever and well written. 
I actually want to watch it again already just to see all that I might have missed the first time and to listen to all the music again ;)

4 paws



No comments:

Post a Comment