Bookended by Cats was named after Milo and Otis. They are the short, orange, and furry brothers who, upon entering our lives in 2003, often bookended us on our couch. And who are we? We're a geek couple living in PA. We love music, movies, TV, comics, books, and comic cons. And, from time to time, we'll share our thoughts on these nerdy things.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Free Comic Book Day 2016

So yes it is true, Dangrdafne went to a comic book store WITHOUT Brainwise for Free Comic Book Day!

And here is her small haul:
(store only allowed 5 books per person - and I really did want more than that)

I picked books that I would read and took my chances if we had doubles.

I also added two of my favorite female characters as Funkos since they were Buy 1 get 1 50% off.
I also happen to cosplay as both of these characters.

And this was my special extra, although not from a comic book store but Hot Topic.

It was fun watching all the kids trying to decide which 5 books to get.
It was also wonderful to see all the families coming in and each person reacting to different things in the store. Everyone seemed very happy.

I hope you had a great Free Comic Book Day. 
Feel free to post in the comments what you got on the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment